June 1, 2012

CRM Online Reports – visible previously internal parameters not showing up

Simple use case – I wanted to update a existing report setting a couple of report parameters to visible, which were previously set to internal. It showed up nicely in Visual Studio but although I updated the report a couple of times in CRM Online the report parameters were still not visible. I made sure the report itself was actually updated by adding some dummy text to it, but the parameters stayed hidden. It looked like the report parameter settings in SSRS weren’t really refreshing during the update.
The solution I found was actually quite simple. I deleted the report and uploaded it once again. Then the report parameters showed up nicely. It’s not rocked science but might come in handy for someone.